Getting High in the Mile High City
Denver, the capital city of Colorado, boasts exceptional panoramic landscapes, a thriving cultural, performing arts and food scene. As well as one incredibly unique distinction from most staple American cities.
Denver has recently become one of the first cities in the United States to decriminalise psilocybin under a drug reform policy ballot. Along with progressive cities like San Fran and Vancouver which have allowed the possession of psychedelic drugs for personal use.
Expectant cosmonauts are applauding the decimalisation of mushrooms in Denver. The medical community celebrated the loosening of criminal penalties to enable psychedelic education, and community events. Also enabling a wide variety of psychedelic-assisted therapy including the use of a psychedelic guide or “Trip Sitter”. This legal stance was of most potential benefit for accessible medical treatment to those experiencing mental health issues including treatment-resistant depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder.
A history Liberalism
On the 1st of January 2014 it was declared legal by federal law in Denver that adults over 21 would be able to purchase marijuana for recreational use, previously only medical marijuana had been tolerated by the drug administration. Since this law was passed recreational marijuana flourished in Denver, with retail outlets popping up prevalently.
In May 2019, Colorado voters again determined their liberal stance on decriminalization of personal drug use and Denver, became the first city in the United States to decriminalize the personal possession of psilocybin mushrooms, also known as magic mushrooms. The groundbreaking ballot measure, known as “Initiated Ordinance 301,” was spearheaded by Kevin Matthews, a local activist, and garnered considerable attention from the public and the federal government.
The Future of Psychedelics: Mushrooms in Denver
Fast forward to November 8, 2022, supported by Denver District Attorney Beth Mccann proposition 122 was passed, meaning natural substances such as psilocybin, psilocin, DMT, ibogaine, and mescaline would now be legal to grow, gift and share…aka magic mushrooms have now been decriminalized for personal use in Colorado. A growing body of medical research
The “Decriminalize Denver” initiative was a significant step forward for the psychedelic community. Advocates argue that decriminalization allows for safer practices, as individuals can seek guidance from experienced “psychedelic guides” to mitigate the risks of a “bad trip” and maximize the benefits of their psychedelic journey. Also sharing of psilocybin knowledge freely can assist in mitigating risk. Furthermore, decriminalization eliminates the burden of criminal records for those caught in possession of the drug, potentially impacting their future opportunities and mental well-being.
Let’s Get High in Denver
As of today the use of psilocybin mushrooms is only legal for personal private use in a private residence. If we reflect on the legalisation and booming industry or marijuana it could be a fair prediction that the legalisation is retail feels like it wont be far behind when we compare to similar cities like Vancouver.
If you’re heading to the Mile High city and are looking to get creative/experimental/travel to space, we’ve put together a list of the top 5 unique destinations to visit while tripping on shrooms in Denver.
The Shrooms in Denver Art Museum
- Looking for a visually stimulating experience while using psychedelic mushrooms city of Denver? The Denver Art Museum is essential. Housing over 70,000 pieces of art. Its expansive collection spans a wide range of styles and cultures – from ancient African sculptures to contemporary pop-art paintings.
- The museum’s varied exhibitions offer a lifetime’s worth of visual stimuli to explore, all while engulfed in the emotional responses of an psychedelic experience.
Visiting Denver Art Museum: 100 W 14th Ave. Pkwy. Denver, Colorado, https://www.denverartmuseum.org
- For those seeking an interactive and mind-bending experience, dabbling in shrooms in Denver Meow Wolf may be just the ticket. While the immersive art promises to transport visitors to otherworldly realms, many adventurous cosmonauts have reported enhancing the journey by consuming shrooms beforehand.
- Embrace the weirdness. Meow Wolf is designed to push the boundaries of reality, and psilocybin will undoubtedly amplify that effect. Allow yourself to surrender to the experience and let go of any earthly preconceptions.
- Tickets are available to pre purchase online.
Visiting Meow Wolf: 1338 1st St, Denver, CO 80204, https://meowwolf.com/visit/denver
- Described as a psychedelic lounge and dance space full of beautiful art. Ant Life is an active contemporary venue in downtown Denver, and the perfect venue for psychedelic recreational use. Velvet wall hangings, projections of fractals on industrial brick walls, and live music performances welcome guests at this unique space.
- Although, more like ant spaceships on steroids than the traditional ant farms you had as a kid. images are manipulated from the Hubble telescope as a backdrop to the ant farms, to create a truly psychedelic image to get lost in while experiencing hallucinogenic mushrooms.
Visiting Ant life: 2150 Market Street, Denver, CO 80205, https://www.antlife.space/
Garden of the Gods
- Garden of the Gods Park is a registered National Natural Landmark featuring dramatic views. Get high on shrooms in Denver while you are high and admire the 300′ sandstone rock formations against the backdrop of snow-capped Pikes Peak and brilliant blue skies.
- Featuring Dramatic rock formations, the Garden of the Gods is a prime spot for enjoying psychedelic amid beautiful and dramatic scenery.
Visiting the Garden of the Gods: 1805 N. 30th Street, Colorado Springs, https://gardenofgods.com/
The International Church of Cannabis
- Guests are invited to immerse themselves in the world-famous guided meditation/laser light show that entertains tourists and locals alike seven days a week each hour, 365 days a year. The church also boasts an arcade, gallery, theatre, art garden, and media room featuring over 10,000 video games on free play.
- Featuring psychedelic sound experiences, within the natural acoustics of a church interior, which promises a kaleidoscopic adventure.
- In summary “It’s surreal, existential, visceral,” said Steve one of the church’s founders “We’ve had atheists walk into this church and have spiritual experiences.”
Visiting the International Church of Cannabis: 400 S Logan St, Denver, https://elevationists.org/
- When embarking on a journey to the Mile High City, a delightful side trip worth considering is a visit to Myco Cafe nestled in the charming city of Boulder, roughly 30 minutes drive from the centre of Denver.
- This hidden gem of a cafe seamlessly blends a cozy atmosphere with a unique twist – a focus on mushroom infused products, and while not possessing psychedelic properties functional mushrooms have a number of proven health benefits.
- Ramzy Abueita, a drug decriminalization activist recently opened the fungi themed coffee shop in response to the surge of interest in mushrooms.
- “My big hope for the space is for it to be a community hub for the world of mushrooms,” Abueita says, “a place that harkens back to the old-school coffee shop culture of the Arab world and Europe, where people could come and have conversation and talk philosophy, politics and science, a place where the renaissance can be alive.”
Visiting Myco Cafe: 1629 28th St, Boulder, https://www.facebook.com/love.mycocafe/
Yoga on the Rocks
- Join the local yogis in a downward dog while doing your flow on shrooms in one of the most unique places in the world. Doing yoga against dramatic red rock formations, paired with incredible natural acoustics of the amphitheatre, with up to 2100 other participants will surely harness some inner enlightenment.
- Built in 1936 “Red Rocks Amphitheatre is a geological phenomenon – the only naturally-occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheatre in the world. From Sting and The Beatles, to opera stars and U2, every artist aspires to play on this magical, spiritual and emotional stage.”
- Yoga on the Rocks is held in Summer only, on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Tickets must be pre purchased online.
Visiting Yoga on the Rocks: 855 Speer Blvd, Denver, https://www.redrocksonline.com/yoga/
There you have it, kittens – seven unique destinations to trip on shrooms in Denver.
Undoubtedly it is time to pack your bags, gather your thoughts, and prepare for an adventure of a lifetime…see you in space cosmonauts.
Mush Love xo